Projects using Ruma
This page should list most of the projects that are using Ruma. We're happy to add yours if you tell us about it on this issue.
Note: The site that was previously at this URL, containing an overview of the libraries that make up Ruma, is available here.
- Fractal: A GTK client (part of the GNOME project)
- RumaTui: A command-line client
- retrix: A lightweight client built with iced
- Weechat-Matrix: A plugin for weechat that adds Matrix support to it
- matrix-send: A non-interactive command-line client
- tenebrous-dicebot: Matrix dice rolling bot with support for the Chronicles of Darkness 2E Storytelling System and Call of Cthulhu.
- MRSBFH: Matrix-Rust-SDK-Bot-Framework-Helper
- Timetracking-Bot by Famedly: A bot for tracking work times, uses MRSBFH
Conduit is a homeserver implementation built with Ruma. It implements most parts of the client-server API, the notable exception being notifications*, and also has experimental support for federation*. It tries to be easy to install, fast and robust.
* as of 2021-01-14
These are smaller projects depending on Ruma instead of matrix-rust-sdk for various reasons:
- sparky8251/matrix-bot: "a simple matrix bot aimed at medium to large projects that span many chat rooms and many active repos looking for more options than the official matrix bots can provide"
- DSN Traveller: A bot that joins all rooms it can find through public room lists and room (alias) links posted in messages to allow analyses of the network at large
These projects are incomplete and not actively being worked on:
- Daydream: A client based on matrix-rust-sdk (one variant based on Yew and one based on Druid)
- Maelstrom: A homeserver designed to have a pluggable storage engine, to be scalable and light on resources
- synadminctl: A synapse admin API command line interface
- matrix-rocket.chat bridge: What the name says