From the editor
Progress on ruma-api and ruma-client-api, converting ruma-client-api over to the new approach ruma-api is using. After converting several of the modules using macros, I decided to take another stab at using a macros 1.1 procedural macro for automatically implementing the details of each request and response type. The result is the new ruma-api-derive. So far it handles only a couple of simple variations, but with some of the groundwork laid, it should be easier now to fill out the remaining functionality. The result will be that ruma-client-api will be completely declarative, and won't have to resort to manual trait implementation for a few odd cases that didn't fit the pattern of the "macros by example" macros.
Notable changes to ruma
- Updated Diesel to the 0.11 series.
Notable changes to ruma-identifiers
- Published version 0.9.0, which updates Diesel to the 0.11 series.
Notable changes to ruma-events
- Published version 0.6.0, which updates ruma-identifiers to the 0.9 series.
Call for participation
Interested in getting involved with Ruma? Here are some good places to start:
Previously featured and still available:
- [feature] Sending a m.room.member event again after changing avatar or displayname
- [discussion] Bikeshed: Module names
- [discussion] Implementing Event storage/search with a timeseries database or a lucene indexed database
- [feature] Implement a rate-limiting middleware
There are also plenty of API endpoints that still need to be implemented. Check the status document for a list.